BONUS: Education Through Social Media, Limited Supplies in the ER, and Caution with NSAIDs | Adam Goodcoff, M4 and Co-founder of The MedLife
This is a crosspost from ITB's collaboration with Ars Longa Media. You can check out more episodes on the coronavirus pandemic over at CovidPodcast.com In this interview, Dr. Ted O’Connell and "Dr." Adam Goodcoff (He's an M4 and will graduate very soon" discuss topics that have been frequently showing up in media such as:
- Advice on staying safe during the pandemic.
- What “flattening the curve” means and how you can make a difference.
- What measures emergency departments are taking to ensure safety of their medical staff during the crisis.
- The influence of medications such as anti-inflammatory drugs/NSAIDS and ACE inhibitors have on the effects of COVID-19.
- The effects of COVID-19 on pregnancy.
- Long-term effects of COVID-19 infection.
Adam Goodcoff is a fourth year medical student who recently matched into Emergency Medicine residency. He is the co-founder and lead content creator at The MedLife, a platform created to connect health care professionals, students, and aspiring students from around the world. You can learn more about The MedLife on their Youtube channel. Adam is also a medical social influencer - Check him out on Instagram (@seethemedlife) and TikTok!
Your host is Dr. Ted O’Connell, family physician, educator, and author of numerous textbooks and peer-reviewed articles. He holds academic appointments at UCSF, UC Davis, and Drexel University's medical schools and also founded the Kaiser Permanente Napa-Solano Community Medicine and Global Health Fellowship, the first program in the U.S. to formally combine both community medicine and global health. Check Ted out on Instagram (@tedoconnellmd) and Twitter (@tedoconnell)!
The Audio Qbank by InsideTheBoards Mobile App
To get started, first, create a Boardsinsider Account on our website insidetheboards.com
- All of our podcasts in one place organized into playlists for easy studying (also with less ads and exclusive content)
- Mindfulness meditations designed specifically for medical students
- A monthly offering of high yield content (questions dissections, audio qbank samples) available only on our mobile app.
- Early Access and exclusive content like a preview of the soon to be released "Crush Step 1" podcast and the "Inside ITB" podcast where we "get real" about the challenges of building ITB and the day to day behind the scenes stuff.
Subscribe to an ITB premium account and get additional features
- Access to 500+ audio optimized board style practice questions in our Audio Qbank. The Step 1 version is powered by Exam Circle and the Step 2 Version is powered by OnlineMedEd. New questions added each month.
- High Yield Pharmacology (powered by Lecturio) with 100 of the top pharm questions you need to know for both Step 1 and Step 2
- Audio Flashcards (coming soon)
Our audio qbank is THE PERFECT companion for studying for the boards on the go. And we're adding content and improving it all the time. Learn more about the Audio Qbank by InsideTheBoards mobile app here
Submit Your Questions to the Podcast or Get Involved
Send an email to email@example.com or check out covidpodcast.com
What Can You Do?
You can help spread commonsense about COVID-19 by supporting this podcast. Hit subscribe, leave a positive review, and share it with your friends especially on social media. We can each do our part to ensure that scientifically accurate information about the pandemic spreads faster than rumors or fears. Remember to be vigilant, but remain calm. For the most trusted and real time information on COVID-19 and the coronavirus pandemic, both the CDC and WHO have dedicated web pages to keep the public informed. The information presented in this podcast is intended for educational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice.
CDC updates: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
The information presented in this podcast is intended for educational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice.