Can I Get a Lime with That? COVID-19 for Med Students and Intro to the 2020 Step 1 Study Smarter Series
In this episode we touch on some virology, provide some updates from CDC on the novel coronavirus disease, COVID-19, for medical students, doctors, and other health care professionals. Also, this episode kicks off ITB's annual Study Smarter Series for the USMLE Step 1 and COMLEX Level 1 where we focus on breaking down USMLE Step 1 practice questions during the dedicated prep season.
00:00: Intro to the 2020 Step 1 SSS
10:30: An 18-month old child with respiratory symptoms
20:30: A 28 year old male with fever and cough after traveling to China
ITB Resources for On The Go Step 1 Study (All Available on the ITB Mobile App)
1. The BRAND NEW Crush Step 1 podcast
With a focus on teaching you to “think like a question writer”, InsideTheBoards is the leading producer of medical education podcasts. Each year during the dedicated prep time we run a “Study Smarter Series for the USMLE Step 1 and COMLEX Level 1” on our Study Smarter Podcast with a focus exclusively on breaking down USMLE style questions. The Crush Step 1 podcast, the second collaboration between InsideTheBoards and Elsevier, features a totally free, audio optimized, complete narration of Crush Step 1: The Ultimate USMLE Step 1 Review by Ted O'Connell, Ryan Pedigo, and Thomas Blair. Crush Step 1 features up-to-date, easy-to-read (or listen to), high yield info on all the material tested on the exam with topics selected by a review board of current medical students and residents who scored in the 99th percentile on the USMLE Step 1. The Crush Step 1 podcast is the perfect companion for your dedicated prep time!
2. Physiology by Physeo Podcast
Physiology by Physeo is a collaboration between InsideTheBoards and Physeo. This podcast aims to provide a high yield review of medical school physiology intended for first and second year medical students (especially those preparing for the USMLE Step 1 or COMLEX Level 1).
3. The Step 1 Study Smarter Series Archives
Three collections from our past years' series are also available on the ITB mobile app.
4. ITB's All Audio Qbank for Step 1 (Premium Feature)
5. High Yield Pharmacology Audio Review (Premium Feature)
The Audio Qbank by InsideTheBoards Mobile App
To get started, first, create a Boardsinsider Account on our website insidetheboards.com
- All of our podcasts in one place organized into playlists for easy studying (also with less ads and exclusive content)
- Mindfulness meditations designed specifically for medical students
- A monthly offering of high yield content (questions dissections, audio qbank samples) available only on our mobile app.
- Early Access and exclusive content like the "Crush Step 1" podcast and the "Inside ITB" podcast where we "get real" about the challenges of building ITB and the day to day behind the scenes stuff.
Subscribe to an ITB premium account and get additional features
- Access to 500+ audio optimized board style practice questions in our Audio Qbank. The Step 1 version is powered by Exam Circle and the Step 2 Version is powered by OnlineMedEd. New questions added each month.
- High Yield Pharmacology (powered by Lecturio) with 100 of the top pharm questions you need to know for both Step 1 and Step 2
- Audio Flashcards (coming soon)
Our audio qbank is THE PERFECT companion for studying for the boards on the go. And we're adding content and improving it all the time. Learn more about the Audio Qbank by InsideTheBoards mobile app here
Check out all of ITB's Podcasts on our BRAND NEW Website
Legal Stuff and Credits
InsideTheBoards is not affiliated with the NBME, USMLE, COMLEX, NBOME or any professional licensing body. InsideTheBoards fully adheres to the policies on irregular conduct outlined by the aforementioned credentialing bodies.