Forty, Fat, Fertile Holes in the Diaphragm with Dr. Austin Williams, author of Surgery Morning Report: Beyond the Pearls | USMLE Step 2 Study Smarter Series for Surgery
In this episode, we're joined by Dr. Austin Williams , surgery resident and editor of Elsevier's recent volume, Surgery Morning Report: Beyond the Pearls . In this episode we cover a couple questions on hiatal hernia and gallbladder disease.
06:30 – A 74 year old male with mid-epigastric pain.
11:00 – Sponsor: From the makers of “pseudo Caesar salad dressing” , comes the most delicious and refreshing drink to hit the physicians lounge since Chronic Lime Margarita Mix, Spinal Tap, CSF inspired micro brews.
12:30 – A 42 year old female with right upper quadrant pain.
USMLE Step 2 Secrets is now an InsideTheBoards Podcast
As a book, USMLE Step 2 Secrets, by Theodore X. O’Connell, MD, ITB's Chief Content Officer and (among many other things) author of Crush Step 1: The Ultimate USMLE Step 1 Review, is recognized as an effective, high-yield study tool for the USMLE Step 2 and COMLEX Level 2. Plus....BONUS...it fits easily into a "short white coat" pocket. Just saying ;)
As a podcast, it has now been optimized for audio learning and InsideTheBoards is re-launching the S2S podcast in conjunction with Elsevier (thanks Elsevier, what a cool publisher. ITB is improving the production quality and together with Dr. O'Connell, adding high-yield questions breakdowns (which is, after all, kind of our schtick) from Elsevier's Clinical Key Student (see? Elsevier rocks). To learn more about Dr. Ted O'Connell and the Step 2 Secrets Podcast (or for a 1 min distraction that will have you asking WTF?) listen to our promo for the Step 2 Secrets Podcast
Check out all of ITB's Podcasts on our BRAND NEW Website
ITB Audio Qbank and iOS Beta App
To get started, first, create a Boardsinsider Account on our website insidetheboards.com
- All of our podcasts in one place organized into playlists for easy studying (also with less ads and exclusive content)
- Mindfulness meditations designed specifically for medical students
- A monthly offering of high yield content (questions dissections, audio qbank samples) available only on our mobile app.
Subscribe to an ITB premium account and get additional features
- Access to 500+ audio optimized board style practice questions in our Audio Qbank. The Step 1 version is powered by Exam Circle and the Step 2 Version is powered by OnlineMedEd. New questions added each month.
- High Yield Pharmacology (powered by Lecturio) with 100 of the top pharm questions you need to know for both Step 1 and Step 2
- Audio Flashcards (coming soon)
Our audio qbank is THE PERFECT companion for studying for the boards on the go. And we're adding content and improving it all the time.
Learn more about the Audio Qbank by InsideTheBoards mobile app here
Legal Stuff and Credits
InsideTheBoards is not affiliated with the NBME, USMLE, COMLEX, NBOME or any professional licensing body. InsideTheBoards and its partners fully adhere to the policies on irregular conduct outlined by the aforementioned credentialing bodies.